1 hrs 30 mins
1 hrs 55 mins
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion 150gm, finely chopped (1 medium-sized onion)
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Paav Bhaaji masala 2 teaspoons, or to taste
- Potato 300gm, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Hard boiled eggs 3, peeled and cut into halves
- Lightly beaten eggs 2
- Bread crumbs to coat
- Oil to deep fry
Heat the oil in a kadai or fry pan on moderate heat. Add onion and cook stirring till light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till fragrant. Lower the heat, add Chilli and turmeric powders and Paav Bhaaji masala. Cook stirring for 5 seconds. Add ¼ cup of water and simmer for 30 seconds. Add the mashed potato, salt and chaat masala. Mix well and remove from heat.
When the potato mixture is cool enough to handle, divide it into 6 equal parts. Flatten one part into a disc over your greased palm. Place an egg half over it, cut side facing down. Bring up the edges of potato mixture to cover the egg completely. Shape all the potato mixture and eggs thus.
Dip the prepared eggs in lightly beaten egg and coat with bread crumb. Dip them again in beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs.
Deep fry in moderately hot oil till golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
Serve with ketchup / Mayonnaise or chutney/ dip of your choice.