Bread N’ Banana Fritters
These super easy and quick fritters use the over-ripe bananas and left-over bread (or the side pieces and trimmed crusts from sandwiches) to make a delightful snack. It is also low in added fat and sugar.
- Left-over bread, broken into pieces 1 cup, firmly packed
- Mashed banana 1 cup (use well ripe or over-ripe bananas)
- Rice flour 1 tablespoon
- Bengal gram flour (Besan) 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 teaspoons or to taste, depending on the sweetness of bananas
- Salt ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee, to shallow fry the fritters.
Process the bread pieces in mixer grinder (I use Panasonic Super mixer grinder) till they are reduced to coarse crumbs.
Mix them with rest of the ingredients except the ghee and leave aside for 10 minutes.
Heat non-stick fry pan till moderately hot. Drizzle some ghee in it. Drop a tablespoon full of the fritter mixture and flatten it slightly. Similarly drop more batter to make more fritters according to the size of the pan. Drizzle some ghee over them. Cook till the lower side of fritters is golden brown. Turn them over and cook the other side. Serve hot.