Double beans and Paneer curry
This creamy, flavourful curry with the unusual combination of double beans and paneer will make a welcome change to your daily menu.
Course: Side Dish
- Fresh double beans 1 ½ cup
- Paneer 200gm
- Onion 2, medium size (total wt. 150gm approx.)
- Kashmiri chilli powder 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder ¾ teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1teaspoon
- Oil 3tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic paste 1tablespoon
- Tomato puree 4tablepoon
- Sugar 1teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Thick coconut milk 100ml (1/2 packet)
Boil the beans with 1 cup of water till cooked. Cut paneer into 1.5 cm cubes. Peel and cut onions into big pieces and grind into a coarse paste without adding any water. (I use Panasonic super mixer-grinder). Mix all the powders together with ¼ cup of water to make a smooth masala paste.
Heat the oil in a kadai or fry pan. Fry onion paste till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, cook stirring till aromatic. Lower the heat, add the masala paste and cook stirring for a minute. Add tomato puree and continue to cook for one more minute.
Add the cooked beans, paneer, sugar and salt. Heat till it begins to boil. Simmer for two minutes. Stir in the coconut milk. When the curry begins to boil again, switch off the heat. Serve hot with chapathi/pulao, garnished with onion and tomato slices.