Eggless Choco Orange Cupcakes
- All-purpose flour (Maida) 1 ½ cup
- White or brown sugar 1 cup (see notes)
- Cocoa 3 tablespoons
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon, scant
- Grated orange rinds 2 teaspoons, optional
- Vegetable oil 5 tablespoons
- Vinegar (preferably apple cider) 1 tablespoon
- Fresh orange juice 1 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Orange essence ½ teaspoon
Note: If the sugar is large grained, powder it coarsely in Panasonic Super Mixer Grinder.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Combine the flour, sugar, Cocoa, soda and orange rind. Mix with your fingertips till uniformly combined.
Mix together the oil, vinegar, orange juice, vanilla essence and orange essence. Add this mix to the dry ingredient mix and stir till uniformly combined. (Avoid over mixing).
Pour the prepared batter in cupcake molds and bake till done. (20-25 minutes) (I use Panasonic OTG).
Let the cakes cool completely before brushing with sugar syrup and sprinkling with chopped nuts.
Combine 1/3 cup sugar with ½ cup of water. Heat stirring, till sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat, and let the syrup boil. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Add few drops of orange essence. Brush the cooled cakes with syrup and sprinkle finely chopped nuts on top. (I have used pistachio)