Idli Masala Roast
Left over idlies come in handy to make this quick and tasty snack for breakfast or tea.
- 4 leftover idlies
- 4 tablespoons of Oil, divided
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- ½ Cup Onion, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup Tomato, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon, Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoon Pav Bhaji masala, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves and onion slices to garnish
Cut each idli into four pieces.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick fry pan and roast the idli pieces till golden brown (in some street stalls the idli pieces are deep fried).
Transfer the roasted idli pieces to a plate.
Heat the remaining oil in the fry pan.
Add green chillies and onion and fry till onion is light brown.
Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till aromatic.
Add tomato, chili powder and pav bhaji masala.
Continuously stir till the tomato is reduced to a pulp
Add ¼ cup of water and salt, simmer on low heat for a couple of minutes.
Add the roasted idli pieces and mix well.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with onion slices and coriander leaves.