Left over idlies come in handy to make this quick and tasty snack for breakfast or tea.
- 8-10 leftover idlies
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ¾ teaspoon Mustard
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2 small pieces of Cinnamon
- 3-4 Green chillies, slit
- A few Curry leaves
- ½ cup Onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup of Boiled vegetables (I have used diced carrot, peas and sweet corn kernels)
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Crumble the idlies lightly
Heat the oil in a kadai or frypan.
Add mustard. When it crackles, add cloves and cinnamon.
Add green chilies and curry leaves, sauté for few seconds.
Add onion and ginger, cook stirring till onion is light brown.
Add ¼ cup of water and simmer gently till all the water has evaporated (this makes the onion soft and mellow).
Add crumbled idlies Add the vegetables and salt.
Sprinkle with 3-4 tablespoon of water and mix gently.
Leave covered on low heat till heated through..
Stir in the lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.