Moringa (Drumsticks/ Murungakkai/Sahajan) is credited with amazing health benefits. This tasty, healthy and versatile dish goes well with Idli/Dosa/Chapathi/Roti or Rice. It makes an interesting topping for cocktail papads/crackers. The shredded curry leaves enhance the health benefits of this gojju. Use tender and succulent drumsticks avoiding the over mature ones with hard pulp and seeds.
- Drumsticks 3 - 4
- Onion 1 (80-100gm)
- Tomato 2 (total wt.150-200gm)
- Curry leaves 2 tablespoons, generous
- Oil 1 ½ tablespoons
- Chilli powder 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Asafetida powder ¼ teaspoon
- Sambar powder 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
*Note: Adjust the quantity of water to get the desired consistency of gojju. It may be thick (semi-solid) to use as a topping or filling, or a medium / thick pouring consistency to use as a side dish for idli/dosa/chapathi/rice.