Nutritious and satisfying, this roll is quick and easy to make for breakfast or brunch. Store bought or left over roti may be used in this recipe. It lends itself to many variations from simple and light to luxurious and substantial. Use a quick melting cheese like cheddar/Mozzarella
- Egg 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion 2 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Green chili 1 small, sliced thinly
- Coriander leaves 3 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Oil to brush the pan and roll
- Roti 1
- Sautéed mushroom slices ¼ cup, optional
- Grated cheese 3 tablespoon
1. Use chapati or parota (Lacha parata) instead of roti
2. Use spring onion instead of onion; parsley/oregano/thyme instead of coriander leaves; chili flakes instead of green chilies to season the egg. Or use Italian /Mexican seasoning
3. Use cooked shredded chicken/stir-fried vegetables/kheema masala/stir-fried prawns instead of mushroom.
4. For a lighter version of this roll, use two egg whites instead of one whole egg.