A refreshing salad of tropical fruits with a luxurious dressing.
Ingredients - Dressing
- Plain yogurt 1 tub, 400gm
- *Diced mango (preferably Alphonso) 1 cup, heaped (see notes)
- Condensed milk 4 tablespoons, or to taste
Ingredients - Fruit Mix
- Diced pineapple 1 cup, heaped
- Diced papaya 1 cup, heaped
- Bananas 3, sliced
- Tender coconut pulp ½ cup, chopped
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Roasted cashew nuts to garnish with
Line a strainer with a clean muslin cloth. Place it over a bowl. Pour the yogurt in the strainer. Keep in refrigerator till most the liquid from yogurt is drained and 1 cup of thick curd cheese is left in the cloth. Meanwhile, dice the fruits and coconut pulp, toss with honey and keep in refrigerator.
Blend the curd cheese with mango cubes and condensed milk (I use the Panasonic Super Mixer Grinder).
Just before serving, divide the fruit mixture and dressing into 4 parts. Layer the dressing and fruits in individual bowls, and garnish with roasted cashew nuts (Working from Malaysia, I have used pieces of Dragon Fruit as a garnish).
*Note: If mangoes are not in season, ½ cup of tinned alphonso pulp may be used.